Monday, April 30, 2007

What A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

In two of them as a matter of fact. Yesterday was the type of day that you just stop and say... life is good.

The weather was spectacular. A perfect spring day in NYC. I met a friend for a late(ish) lunch and then went to the 3rd Avenue street fair (in the 20's) for a bit. I found a very cool necklace that I liked, but when I asked about how the matching earrings would look, the answer I got..... like a drag queen. I just got the necklace.

We got into the car and my parking mojo was in full force - a HUGE spot on 55th and 8th. No easy feat. It was just... there. Stopped into the Whole Foods at the Time Warner Center for coffee and found the most gorgeous apricots. I don't know what variety they are - they are not your normal pale yellow golf ball size ones. They are tiny, not really fuzzy, and have the most beautiful blush to them. They look more like teeny tiny plums and taste like a cross between a nectarine and an apricot.

A stroll around Lincoln Center on a sunny spring day is always fantastic for people watching. We saw the NY Philharmonic getting ready to go on a bus. That was fun to see... so many world class musicans... what was a little disconcerting was seeing the police with the canine unit and vans there to protect them and their instruments. The dog was an almost all black/chocolate brown German Shepard. It was beautiful.

Realizing I had never been in the Gracious Home store, it warranted a trip across the street. Loved it. So much stuff. The cooking section had me insane. We wanted everything. Including the miniscule melon baller. Seriously, the bowl was half the size of a pea. I don't know what I would do with it, but it would be great to have in my utensil collection.

After leaving the store - looking up we saw ... another street fair! Fantastic! More stuff I wanted, but couldn't buy this week. No problem - these vendors are always at other fairs... so I will see them again... and again.... and again.

Days like these are perfect - especially when they end with a brand new episode of the Sopranos.

No comments: