Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Spotlight

In late July 2005, I came across an old work folder that contained a copy of the original Weight Watchers points sytem. I really needed to drop about 30 lbs and I guess that was the perfect sign that it was the right time to get started. At just about 5' 9", I'm tall, so I carried the extra weight fairly well, but definitely did not feel good about myself. By late October I had reached my goal weight and was very proud of keeping my promise to myself. I felt and looked great.

I kept all of it off for well over a year and a half - but a couple of weeks ago, I realized that slowly some of the weight crept back. Not a lot, but enough for me to start the plan again. I did just that about a week and a half ago and I have dropped 3 lbs. One of the keys is that you must write everything down. The visual is what keeps you on track.

After some great alternate food suggestions from
a friend, I have incorporated some different things into my diet and expanded my circle of choices. I am now eating even healthier than I did during the initial effort.

Part of what this program instilled in me is the capability to realize when my eating habits change and why. Invaluable - and not just physically. It makes it easy to go back to it and maintain when I need to.

I have several friends that are on (and off) the program with different amounts to lose and maintain, and they have all been successful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! you made me want to crank it up and lose a few again. I need to! The pants, they be gettin' tight!

Yenta Center said...

After the first week - it definitely gets easier and you start feeling the difference.....