Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wii - diculous

Last night I had my first introduction to the phenomenon that is Wii. Two words... video game crack. I get the hoopla and the potential for accidents... more on that in a minute.

I'm not really a "gamer" - I play around with my SIMS, Grim Fandango and some trivia games, but that's really it. If I had the Wii system, there would be the possibility of never leaving my apartment.

We all "bowled" the entire evening without leaving the comfort of the livingroom. It's so easy to forget the motions you need to use can cause mishaps. During the game the system consistently reminds you to use the remote with the wriststrap. There is a good reason for this. it can indeed fly out of your hand fairly easily if your palm gets sweaty, or if the remote gets schmutzy. You also have to be careful of objects in the way of your motion. The combination of a ceiling fan, my height and my hand proved to be one of these lessons in paying attention! Needless to say, it amused the participants.

It was quite a fun evening and I'm looking forward to my next fix :-)


No comments: