Saturday, August 4, 2007

Nothing Going On But The RENT

My inner fangurl is making a special appearance for the next six weeks. They are back..... and so are "the pants".



Last Tuesday, I made the first of a few pilgrimages to the Nederlander to see the boys. Adam and Anthony.... what can I say. The chemistry these guys have together is undeniable and palpable. It was so special to see them reprise their roles. They didn't skip a beat. It was perfect and seemed like time stood still. I felt like it was 1996 again when I first sat in my seat at the theatre and watched this incredible piece of work with sheer amazement and joy. If you were there during that time, you felt the impact of Jonathan Larson's clear vision on what was happening in NYC at the time.... he was so on target emotionally that it is not surprising the piece is now a benchmark in the transformation of what is presented Broadway.

It is no secret to those who know me that I have a "special" place in my soul for Adam Pascal.

No comments: