Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekends Like They Should Be

What a spectacular weekend. This is what life should be about. Perfect weather, perfect company and best of all.... perfect food! By perfect food, I mean of course.... fried Oreos.... coming in a close second to Sunday's delicious dinner of my friend's meatballs and sauce!

Saturday was spent in the company of two friends who came down for the day from Upstate. I hadn't been to the Renaissance in a while, so it was fun to have dinner there. Then off for drinks at the Mariott. I love their frozen pink lemonade with a shot or two of Malibu. YUM. I had to take off earlier than I wanted to because I had to get up really early to meet some friends for a journey to the Shore.

The biggest bonus of Sunday was spending some quality time with an exceptional young man from the UK, that I had not had the pleasure of meeting until yesterday. We had a tremendous amount in common and it was a fantastic discovery of shared experiences. Very eye-opening considering our different backgrounds - however, we have a few people in common so it was really, really fun.

It was such a beautiful day to be at the Shore. Lovely breeze, great people watching and again... the food. Did I mention Rita's Ices earlier? No? Well I should have :-) I will not mention the music video we made... that will be locked up in a vault tighter than where they keep Dick Cheney's heart. So you know it's safe.

Perfect end to this week's vacation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please. Like Dick Cheney has a heart.

Yenta Center said...

Wish you could have been there - it was EXCELLENT :-)

Virtual vault... virtual heart - neither one is real!

Anonymous said...

I still think he's a cunt. :)

And YOUNG MY ASS, honey.

Anonymous said...

I still think the exceptional part of the day was 'Surviving'. I can't think of anyone I would rather share deep-fried oreos with. MWAH!!!