Wednesday, July 25, 2007

After Midnight

In preparation for my test today, from midnight last night until 2:00 this afternoon, I wasn't allowed a single drop of water or a crumb of food. NO MORNING COFFEE! When I got to the hospital, I was informed that I was dehydrated. REALLY?!? Imagine that. It really wasn't the lack of water that was the hard part - it was the lack of food. The pain I was in was borderline mind numbing.

Elizabeth, my tech, was a lovely young woman who kept my sense of humor and my spirits from falling to pieces. She was fantastic. Not an easy job when your patient is dehydrated, hungry and in pain. These two tests went well... considering the unpleasantness of the situation. So I wait for the results..... and the date/time of the two really nasty procedures yet come. I wish this was over, but I will surely endure almost anything to find out what is at the bottom of this.

No comments: