Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Baby You Can Drive My Car

Please... someone do my driving for a while. It seems that is all I've been doing lately.

After work on Friday, I drove around like a crazy person doing countless errands before my weekend getaway. Saturday was up at the crack of dawn to get ready and get going for my 5 hour drive to the suburbs of Maryland. It was a nice traffic free journey for a change! As usual, I needed to make a pit stop.. this was in Delaware. I parked and went in only to find THREE buses of church members and their choir waiting for the ladies room. Oy vey... So I got back in the car and drove to the next rest stop which was 10 miles away. It was empty - thank God. Taking off again - I then soon arrived at my friend's house to a warm welcome and a hot cup of coffee :-)

Monday, late morning - drove home (5 hours) and then drove to the City since I had plans with friends to be at a free screening of Hairspray. Well that didn't work out too well as New Line Cinema FUCKED it up royally and no one with the passes got in. Not wanting to go home, I drove a friend and I to hang out for a while at his apartment.. pizza! I drove home at 10:30 - and promptly passed out.

Tuesday, up early again, drove to Mom's so that I can get my gown from the seamstress and then we went to lunch (crepes!), Walmart and Target. Drove to the supermarket and then drove home.

Today, I drove to a doctor's appointment that I knew was going to be yucky. They took blood in preparation for my tests next week ... ouch. Then I drove to the drug store, the pet store and Trader Joe's - and then drove home.

Tomorrow - NO DRIVING!

Friday - I have to drive an hour to get my hair done, then to my parent's house to get dressed, drive to Summit, then drive to Madison and then drive an hour and a half home.

Saturday - driving to the City to met friends in from out of town for dinner.

Sunday - possibly driving down to the shore to meet other friends.

Monday - looking forward to going back to work - being in one place for a few hours will be a nice change of pace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be a highly appropriate time for me to start belting out Celine Dion's "I Drove All Night", wouldn't it?

Yenta Center said...

It would, however it would compete with my rendition of "You Can Drive A Person Crazy"