Friday, March 23, 2007

Stick a Fork In Me... I'm Done

To say the last week and a half was stressful is an understatement. Last Wednesday, my grandmother passed away at the age of 93. In the Jewish religion we bury our dead within 3 days (excluding Shabbat). So... the funeral was on Friday... in the ice storm. It was as dark and gloomy as could be - it was a bit surreal, sort of like a movie funeral. One small moment that happened - my cousin's yarmulke blew off and.... into the grave. It was a much needed split second of lightness.

Thursday through Saturday, I was firmly ensconced at my parent's house... eating anything and everything. There was nothing else to do. Finally on Saturday evening, I was able to get out and go see Grey Gardens with a friend. Not exactly the first show you would think of to see after a death in the family, but it was WONDERFUL and a great escape.

In the midst of this, I have a massive deadline involving the Israeli government. Part of my job is arranging for a group of 67 kids to go to Israel for 2 weeks in April. The paperwork is staggering. I love what I do, but the pressure was definitely on - especially after being out from work for 3 days. Add to that 2 nights of Parent/Teacher conferences, arrangements for the school play and the school dance.... you get the picture. It's been brutal.

But.... Last night - another fantastic evening of theatre ... Talk Radio. I said to a friend today that every man on the planet should look as good as Liev Schreiber does in a pair of black Levis. Naomi is a very lucky woman. Oh yeah... and the play was fabulous. :-)

So that's the roundup - I'd say... that's been enough! I'm really looking forward to bowling tomorrow evening with friends. GREAT stress relief!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'm looking forward to bowling, too!

Yenta Center said...

I hate you. See a pattern?