Monday, March 26, 2007

New York, New York... WAS a Helluva Town

Enough already... STOP chipping away at my beloved City and what little is left that makes it so special. I'm not going to go into why this Festival means so much.... anyone who lives in the City can tell you. No smoking in bars... Shut up... I smoke - and now this.

I hope you choke on your fucking zeppole

To sum it up:

Little Italy residents upset by the raucous annual street fair voted this month to pull the plug on the historic feast, recommending that Community Board 2 move to nix the 11-day gala.

"No one likes San Gennaro who lives here," said Sean Sweeney, a member of the community board's street events committee, which voted against issuing permits for the feast.


So.... after 80 years of the Festival.. all of a sudden it's a nuisance....

and huuumm - I wonder what part of Italy Mr. SWEENEY's family is from.... maybe a visit from Tony Soprano is in order :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe, as vengeance, we can arrange to move the Puerto Rican Day Parade so it goes down Mulberry St. :-)

Yenta Center said...

Or maybe Gay Pride....

Anonymous said...

Doesn't "Paulie Walnuts" handle this sort of thing usually for Tony? I'm bloghopping today...I like your blog!

Yenta Center said...

aaaw thanks :-)

and you are absolutely right - it would be Paulie!