Saturday, March 10, 2007

Parla Italiano?

Hopefully, I will in a few months! I am starting to teach myself that beautiful, romantic language. It's been a dream of mine to spend an extended amount of time in Italy - especially Tuscany - and this endeavor will be the first step in making that future experience even more fulfilling.

For a while, I've felt like my brain has been on autopilot and somewhat static. So teaching myself a new language should kick start my gray matter into firing those synapses again.

I do read books, listen to music, etc... but for some reason it doesn't seem like enough. I need to learn something completely different! Learning new words/verbs is going to be the fun part. I'm not looking forward to conjugating those verbs properly, but practice makes perfect. Once I get the basics down, it will be the semblance of an accent I will need to work on. That leaves me laughing as I type that.... so I guess I will have to watch a few Sophia Loren movies and The Godfather II to see how it should be done! Ciao!

No comments: