Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Deja Vu

Lately I've been getting some deja vu vibes about a situation I went through a while ago. There are two people I know that have very similar traits, but in varying degrees. There is something unsettling about this. Secrecy, "bending" the truth, omission, and the need to reach out and constantly insinuate themselves into people's lives. This is all under the guise of wanting to be "social". People have even asked me if these two entities were the same person! I noticed this all immediately and was sort of wary, but decided to see how it would pan out. It's actually pretty funny that these two have said some very, very disparaging things about the other to me, but yet choose to have a social relationship. I certainly don't have time for crap like that anymore. Why on Earth would someone want to have people who are like this in their life? It's baffling to me.

Additionally, why is it that no one takes responsibility for the way they make others feel? Safely tucked under a self-helpy blanket... The theory that "only you can decide how you feel" is bullshit. You can feel all you want, the challenge is how you manage it. People do hurtful things to other people, sometimes big - sometimes very small, TAKE responsibility for it. Realize what effect your actions/in-actions have and accept the reaction they get. Don't blow it off as "well that's their problem".

Like people who outright lie (big and small) - they think it's not known, but they are oh so wrong. So never assume that no one knows, just because nothing has been said. And I know a lot... a hell of a lot - I just choose to let it go - but only for so long.


There is a lot more I can say about all of this, but having gotten past it the first time, writing these simple paragraphs was more than enough this time.

Been there... done that - don't want to visit again :-)

2 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

This meant to be funny, right? Because it's making me laugh.
Not a funny ha-ha laugh but an "oh, shit, it's happening again" laugh.

Yenta Center said...

It's a gift I have..... as you know - I attract the most interesting people :-)