Sunday, October 14, 2007

Corporate Conundrum

Tomorrow, I have 2 very important job interviews. They represent the next "step up" in my professional life - and I am a bit apprehensive. Although I am very confident in my ability to do either job, the prospect of going through the process to obtain them is a little daunting. The substantial increase in salary and responsibilities is very exciting. Tooting my own horn for a moment, I submitted resumes to three places, and got two interviews within days. At least I know that the work I put into developing my credentials is paying off - at least to get a foot in the door ffor an interview.

It has been eons since I've had to dress to impress and basically play the corporate game. Both of these positions are well worth the challenge, as they are in the industry that I love and want to set myself down in. Since it has been a while, I was somewhat taken aback when I saw the employment forms from both these organizations. My first reaction was - this has the potential to be a personal violation of my private life. Credit reports?!? Oy. I'll live though - it's worth it.


If either one of these comes to fruition it means my eventual move back to the City. This prospect is also a little nervewracking, but in a good way!

4 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

good luck. :-)

Yenta Center said...

:-) The second one was actually fun... go figure. THAT is the one that I want.

Sandy said...

post details

Yenta Center said...

I don't want to jinx it :-)... if it happens it happens, if not, then I will keep an eye out for something just as great.